Friday, October 28, 2011

Farewell Discussion Boards

In just 2 days, the Discussion boards tab will be removed in Facebook.  This should not make any difference, right?  Maybe not.
Five months ago I joined the Avent Discussion board.  The “Discussionistas” are regular mothers who share their inputs and experiences on certain Parenting topics.  Some may have experiences and some don’t but together an online community was created.  Views on Breastfeeding, Experiences on Avent Products (yes, I use Avent myself), to Parenting Styles to Infant/Toddler problems were tackled.  For some, this online community was a support.  Some considered it as a source of information and for some, a stress reliever.  For five months, this has become a part of my life.  I look forward to the days that I log in to the computer and be able to interact with other moms who have similar experiences and advocacies than I do.   For five months these moms became my friends.
I’m not sure how things are going to be without the discussion board.  I’m not sure if posting on the Fan Page wall will be the same as having a Discussion board tab.  But there is one thing that I know for sure….the Discussion board thread will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.