Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Never too old for a Baby Carrier

I was first introduced to babywearing when my son was 9 months old.  I still wasn't convinced then if I should be getting a baby carrier simply because my son is almost a year old and we have our good ol' umbrella type stroller anyway.  I got lucky one day and won Dainty Mom's mother's day contest.  The prize: a Next 9 Ring sling.


My life changed the minute I got hold of my prize.  I never leave home without it and my husband allowed me to go somewhere without him.  Attending the Babywearing meet became one of my agenda.  I felt the need to know everything there is about babywearing. 
Eliza Ypon (Painter's Wife), Jenn (Next9) and me during the 2nd Babywearing meet

Great Points about the Sling:
  • It's "tail" can be used as a nursing cover.  I even managed to breastfeed my son and shop at the same time.
  • It's tail has a pocket.  You can always find lampin and a small toy car inside mine.  Perfect if you need something to divert your son's attention or if you need to wipe off his drool. 
  • It's easy to use.  The instructional videos are even available in Youtube. 
  • It's durable and it's safe.  My son almost feels weightless if I'm using the sling.  Commuting is never a problem now especially in the MRT.  It's safe for babies and even safe for toddlers. 
  • My son is very comfortable when worn.  He sort of just snuggles up and oftentimes sleep faster.  I guess its because he likes being close to me. 


And did I mention that because of the sling I'm hands free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.