Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Gift of Patience

I have always been impatient.  I want things done my way on my own terms and it's never a good thing for me.  So I have been praying that God gives me patience.  Well, He does have a funny way of answering my prayer.  He made me a mother. 


I ended up having to deal with a baby who cries whenever she needs something. 
I'd have to deal with a bad latch and a sore nipple. 
There were a lot of sleepless nights (and days) including those when the kids were sick or confined in a hospital. 


I can't say I am the most patient person now but I'm far better than who I was more than 10 years ago.   He may have a funny way of granting my prayers but it was the best thing that He's done.   Because he made me a mother, I get to experience the most wonderful things.  Most of all, I am more appreciative of what my mom has done for our family.  With that I am ever so grateful. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.