Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bug Off


I hate insect bites.  I know how uncomfortable and irritating they can be.  I don't like my kids getting bitten too.  Not only that they can get pretty cranky when it's itchy, it's ugly and there is always that "Dengue" scare that can drive you crazy.  My secret: A really effective insect repellant.

I have tried quite a lot in the past and I have come up with the BEST and my most recommended.

Messy Bessy Insect Repellant. Andiroba oil is the product's main ingredient aside from sugarcane alcohol, coconut-oil-derived emulsifier and eucalyptus essential oils.  It is deet-free and biodegradable -- best for toddlers and kids alike.  What I particularly love about this product is that it doesn't feel sticky and the smell don't linger in your hands.





Indigo Baby's Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me.  The product is a light, non-greasy lotion that is Deet-free and safe for kids.  It is a lavender, geranium, eucalyptus and citronella-based insect repellant that comes in spray travel sized bottles.  The scent is a little overpowering for me but my daughter loves it!


Bug Off.  Picadin - a safer alternative to Deet, is the active ingredient of this product.  It is a light, non greasy lotion and I love it's powder fresh scent.  It is tested safe for 6 months and up and can provide up to 8 hours of protection.




Keep safe everyone; and keep those pesky bugs away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.