Tagging the two kids along, we took a trip to the nearest dentist. It was our first time at the AV Dental Alley at the Pasay City Mall but I was already at ease with the doctor which is a great sign. My daughter had an oral prophylaxis and the doctor allowed my son to
watch the procedure (another great sign!). I took the opportunity to introduce my son to the dentist and what she does.
|Kudos to Ate for setting a great example.|
Now it was my turn. An x-ray was performed and revealed that my tooth could no longer be saved (booo!!!). The dental carries are eating my tooth from the inside so it has to be extracted.
Remembering Mariel and Tina from the Homeschooling seminar, I took my tooth home. I pulled my daughter aside and asked about what she observed when Mama had a toothache. Showing her the tooth, we covered a lot of topic that revolve around dental carries, dental hygiene, our teeth and her experiences with the dentist. I hope I was able to drive my point home.
So yesterday I accomplished a LOT:
- I had my tooth extracted.
- My daughter had her teeth cleaned.
- My son knows who the dentist is and what she does.
- I used my extracted tooth as a visual aid in teaching my daughter on dental hygiene.
- I learned that an anesthesia can be requested when the pain during
- dental filling becomes unbearable.
- I found a great dentist. (YAY!)