Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Night at the Zoo at SM Bacolod

The Eltoro Zoo De La Castellana is now in SM Bacolod for four days and my family and I didn't want to pass this opportunity up, especially when we found out that there are turtles. It was because of this turtle song that my son became interested in turtles. The song is a little annoying and it does stick into your head for a long time. However, it does say something about the difference between turtles and tortoises so I don't mind if the kids sung this over and over again.


The Eltorro Zoo is a zoological and bontanical garden owned by Mr. Felix Feria Divino. It is located in Gomez st., Barangay Robles in La Castellana. Quite far from where we are located and so I'm glad that they have this in SM.

Anyway, so the zoo is located at the SM Bacolod North Wing. The entrance fee is only Php 50 per person and this amount goes to the SM Foundation's environmental projects. The line can get pretty long so I suggest that you arrive early.

The entrance to the zoo.
As expected, we were greeted by TURTLES!!! My son got the chance to touch the turtles too!



I was actually pleasantly surprised by the number of animals there. There are cats, lizards, birds, snakes, spiders and rodents. Below are just some of them.

Australian Salt Water Crocodile

Hoot! Hoot!

with the sleeping tiger


Donkey! Where's Shrek?
The zoo will be there until January 27, 2015 and will be open from 2pm to 9pm. Bring your kids with you. Oh, and you also get the chance to take a picture with the Albino Python if you want to. I'm not a big fan of snakes so I left that to my daughter and my husband.

ssssay cheese, Albino Python.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.