Monday, September 28, 2015

My Dream Board

At a recent training I attended, we were asked to create a dream board, a visualization of the things that I want to achieve in life. It is believed that if you focused on positive thoughts then you also bring positive experiences into your life. This is what the dream board does. So here's what I came up with.



  • A bigger house so my kids will have their own room. My son co-sleeps with us and my daughter has her own bed. I like the closeness this brings but my daughter is now a teenager. Most teenagers would want their own space. 
  • A house with a decent home office. I came to love working from home because it gave me the flexibility I needed. I think it is but right that I get to have my own office. 
  • A car so it's easier for us to get from one place to the other. Plus we can go on a road trip if we want to. 
  • For my kids to finish school. I mean, who doesn't want that? All I want is for them to pursue their dreams. 
  • A one-stop cloth diaper store! My son is potty trained but I am soooo not over cloth diapers. Seeing them just takes all the stress away. Have you seen how cute the prints are?
Still my favorite picture of my son wearing the cloth diaper

  • Trips to Legoland and Disneyland. Sure I would want my kids to enjoy but the little kid in me is dying to go there. 
  • Lastly is to help out in putting up a (breast) milk bank in Bacolod and at the same time strengthen the breastfeeding support in our community. A long shot for now but we are slowly getting there. 
I enjoyed making the dream board. I think it helped me get everything into perspective. But I also noticed that all these are my long term goals. Maybe I should create another dream board for my short term goals, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.