Sunday, December 1, 2013

Goodbye Cloth Diapers?

I'm a huge fan of cloth diapers. I see them as my life saver because back then when I got sick and was on medical leave, they saved me from the headache of having to get the funds to buy disposable diapers to my then 2-year old toddler. So why am I saying goodbye?

My little boy no-more are showing signs that he's ready to potty. Two weeks ago, I decided to give him his presko time. One is because he's got rashes on his bum. He didn't say that he pooped and when I checked, it already dried in his nappy and so it caused the irritation. Second is because he's pretty much adjusted here in Bacolod. I read from a book that you shouldn't introduce potty training when your child is under a lot of stress. Moving from one house to another can be stressful to a toddler hence the delay in potty training.


one of his very first nappies


happily wearing his training pants


On day one he learned to pee like a man. On day 2 he said he wanted to do number two and he did...inside the bathroom on the potty chair. Even I can't believe how easy it was to train him. Now he only wears cloth diapers at night. Pretty soon I'm going to say byebye. I should be happy, right? But I will miss those days when I have my banderitas of cute nappies hanging on the clothesline. (sigh) Good thing I've taken loads of pictures of them.

One of the many pictures of my "banderitas"

I guess I should be excited about him getting character briefs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.