Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Planet Mom Discovery: Pigeon Sakura Baby Toiletries

A couple of days ago, I received a package from Pigeon Philippines containing their new products -- their Sakura Baby toiletries. I was excited to try it out and I know that they're going to be great because Pigeon is one of those trusted brands when it comes to baby products. My cousin-in-law raves about their products and that's how I actually knew about them when I was still pregnant with my daughter. Aside from our regular purchase of silicon nipples when both my kids are young, my son loved his Pigeon Magmag and our recent favorite, the Pigeon Baby Lotion.

Happy to receive his new set of toiletries.

Sakura sounded like a strange word but it's actually the name of that beautiful and fragrant flower from Japan. They are popularly known as Cherry Blossoms.  This brand new range of baby products from Pigeon contains Sakura extract. I've read that Sakura extract has anti-inflammatory properties that makes it suitable for sensitive skin. This makes sense because any baby product should be mild enough so it would not cause any skin irritation.

The Sakura baby toiletries consists of the Baby Wash 2-in-1, Baby Shampoo, Baby Milk Lotion and the Baby Powder. I immediately got my hand on the 2-in1 Baby Wash. See, I'm a huge fan of baby washes. Simply because all you need is just one bottle to use as a shampoo and a soap. Lol. Definitely a no-brainer.


The baby wash came with a pump and all I needed was a good peso-sized amount of liquid and it was enough to lather all over my son's body. I figured if you have a girl then maybe you need more. I love how the scent of cherry blossom filled the bathroom. It smelled sooo good! And even if I already rinsed off all the soap, I can still feel how soft his skin is. If your baby has a short hair then a 500ml baby wash can last for months. I have yet to find out how long before we finish off this bottle.

The Baby shampoo is just as great as the baby wash. You don't need much and it rinses off pretty easily. Another great thing is that both the baby wash and the baby shampoo are tear-free. My son's hair is so soft and so fragrant after using both products.

Ever heard about layering? It's when you use a shampoo, body wash, lotion and cologne of the same scent so you smell good for a long time. It's exactly what we did! After his bath, I applied lotion on his arms and legs which he enjoyed. It doesn't feel sticky at all. And the powder was applied on his back and his chest. My son became a walking scent of cherry blossom after his bath and I just want him beside me. That's how good he smelled. Uhm...who needs cologne when you got these?

Our own version of layering.

Babies can smell good for a long time because they don't really do much except to drink milk, sleep and drink milk and maybe coo. Toddlers are different. Their energy is so high that sometimes it's almost impossible to keep up with them. Case in point -- my son. He's my energizer bunny. So I let him do what he does best which is to run around and play with mud. I just had to find out if I can still smell any traces of cherry blossom at the end of the day. Surprise surprise! I can still smell cherry blossom on his hair. Another big check for the product.

Here are a few more facts about the Sakura toiletries:
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Paraben-free: Parabens are chemicals that can be too harsh on baby's skin
  • Sulphates-free: Sulphates are foaming agents that is often found on shower gels and cleansers and this can also cause skin irritation.
  • Free from coloring agents
  • pH Balanced
  • Tear Free: This is true for both the Baby Wash and the Shampoo

Find out more about the Pigeon Sakura Baby Toiletries by visiting their Facebook fanpage.




*Disclosure: I received the above products for review and all these opinions are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.