Saturday, January 7, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

Eight years into the new year and I'm still pondering on whether I should be making my New Year's resolution.  I don't want to make any resolutions only to find out at the end of the year that I couldn't keep them.  I thought I'd just go with the flow.  Little did I know that I have been making the list in my head since last year and I'm not surprised that these are anchored in my family.  So here they are (so far) since I have a strong feeling that I'd be adding a lot more along the way.


Resolution #1 Communication 
I'm a working mom.  Unlike any other moms, I work at night and sleep all day.  I live far from my parents too.  I want to be able to call my parents anytime the same way I want my daughter to reach out to me whenever and not worry about the phone bills.  So I've submitted my application to a phone line with Sun Cellular.  Why Sun you ask? Sun is the only one that offers unlimited calls and texts.  Definitely an advantage for us.  


Resolution #2 Sustain my newfound love for Writing
Thank God for a stressful job that I discovered writing as the best diversion.  Surprisingly, I've been enjoying what I've been doing and I plan to keep on doing this for a long time.  Two book reviews posted in Smart Parenting online publication (here and here) and this blog keep me sane amidst the chaos at work. 


Resolution #3 Quality Work Time
I love that I can take my breaks anytime and I love that I have flexible time at work.  The problem is, there are certain days when my mind wanders off and end up doing less.  Quality work time would mean less time at the office and more time at home.  I need to spend more time with my daughter since they will start competing for MTAP really soon.  Yes, I need to review my Math so I can teach my daughter better. 


Resolution #4 Save Save Save
I need to cut back on a few things -- including my need for coffee at night -- bye Starbucks for now.  Goal for this year is for the entire family to go on vacation at least every year.   That means setting aside a portion of my salary on a Vacation fund.  I can't wait to find out where that money will take us. 


Have you made your list so far?















No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.