Sunday, January 22, 2012

Smart Explorers Smart Tots Session 2

I was excited to take Andre to the next session now that he started singing the two songs that he learned from the previous session.  I can't wait to see the smiles and hear his laughter and see him participate this time.

We didn't anticipate the traffic getting there so were were a few minutes late for the class.  The kids are already in the reading room listening to a new story about shapes. Hmm...shapes. My son should know this.  He can identify circles (his favorite), diamonds, squares, stars so this should be easy.  Nope, my son, again, didn't say anything.


The next activity is follow the leader and this time, he went under the arch, walked up the stairs and down slide more confidently. Teacher Noemi then gave them time to explore the toys.  They have hard and soft toys to teach them about texture.  There are balls of different sizes and there are several musical instruments.  I was happy to see him take interest at this activity.


What to play with? Orange Ball? or Purple Ball?
He's taking interest in the musical instruments -- xylophone and the maracas

He immediately stopped nursing after seeing the bubbles. 
My son still didnt participate that much in the session although I see him explore things on his own.  While everyone was doing the activity, my son was at the glass window happily pointing at the cars that are passing by.

As expected, the second session was better than the first.  I see him starting to take interest but I still feel that something is missing. I'd love to see him get more engaged.  We're going to have to wait and see if there are changes on the 3rd session.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Planet Mom Readers' Corner

Let me know what you think.